Harry Potter Role Playing

This is a RP'ing forum which takes palce during the third school year of Harry James Potter

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jared Hale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Jared Hale   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Name: Jared Hale
House: Hufflepuff
Year: Four
Born: December 8th 1979 (Year of the Goat, and my element is Earth)
Blood Status: Pureblood

Family:-
Mother: Alicia Cunningham Hale - Pureblood, and a Ravenclaw.
Father: Jackson Hale - Pureblood, and a Gryffindor.
Brother: Cillian Hale - Pureblood, and a Gryffindor

Appearance:-
Eyes: Dirty blue, something between grey, green and blue. Turn dark (blackish) when he\'s mad or depressed.
Hair: Dark blonde.
Length: 1.85 m

Personality and Bio:

Hi! I am Jared Hale.
What is there to tell about me?
Well, I can start off with my family and where I live.
I live in the Cunningham Mansion, not far from where Cedric lives. Our family are ‘filthy rich’ but worked hard to earn our money. We’re not like other rich people, really – we’re a lot like normal people. (Unlike the Malfoy’s…)
Cedric and I grew up together, and have been best friends for as long as I can think of. When I was younger I wanted his family to adopt me, because at that time, I didn’t get along too well with my older brother Cillian.
Cillian graduated at the same time as Bill Weasley – the two of them were good friends, so I know some of the Weasley’s well.
My mother, Alicia, is a photographer and a model. She has taken some picture for the Daily Prophet – her area of expertise is portraits. I think she prefer modelling, but I’m not sure. I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
Jackson, my father, is an auror, but left that job after Voldemort’s fall. He thinks there is too much evil in the world. He also used to play Quidditch professionally, but gave that up as well. (Something about travelling too much while us kids growing up, I kind of have a feeling my mom has something to do with him giving that up) Right now he’s working in Gringotts, but he wants to go back to Quidditch, or so he says.
Cillian is studying dark magical creatures in the Czech Republic. (Merlin knows why he went all the way there...)

I’m a Huffie – like my best friend, and I play Quidditch on his team – I’m the keeper. (Much to my father’s surprise, he was a chaser.) I tend to compare myself to Wood, but that only get’s me depressed. I’ll never be as good as him!

I got some weird abilities, and I don’t know what they are called. I can pick up peoples emotions, and they affect me. Like, if you get happy near me, I’ll be happy too. If you’re angry, I’ll probably be angry too. But I’m learning to control that… What’s awesome about it, though, is that I can manipulate other peoples feelings. Calm them down, make them feel good… It’s really awesome! (And quite useful)

Well, that’s it for now. Thanks for reading!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil

Last edited by Jared Hale on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:41 am

Me and my Family

This one was taken the summer before I started at Hogwarts.

This is how I look now. I've grown a bit?

Here's my older brother, Cillian. He's the same age as Bill Weasley.

Alicia Cunningham Hale, that's my mother! I wish I inherited her good looks.

Jackson Hale, my father.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 am

"Your family is awesome. And your mom is totally hot."
Cedric winks at Jared, knowing he have heard it so many times before...
Your brother is hot to... He added mentally.

got damage control?

Tasty Lunch and Sweet Revenge
...to find out what just happened...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 am

Your father looks awesome. I bet thats a word you never thought I'd say? *smiles*
And your mother is beautiful *cannot get herself to say he is good looking himself, so instead says nothing more*

<<Muhaha, I was tired - sorry lol>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 am

"Wow, thanks Ceds. Haven't heard you say that before." Jared rolls his eyes and pushes Cedric's arm playfully, then turns to Isabella.
"Why, thanks, I'll pass that on to them." Jared's lips curvs into half a smile, and he winks at Isabella.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:10 am

Jared turns to Cedric again.
"Dude, I wanted so badly to write that my Zillah is half blood," Jared smirks, "but he would have kill me if he ever found out..."
Jared chuckles, and adds.
"Would have been great though. I mean... Where did the half blood come from?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:13 am

Cedric laughs.
"I'm sure Zillah would let you live. I mean, come on... Baby brother."
Cedric smirks, knowing that Jared hate's to be called that. But for some crazy reason,
he was siding with Cillian in this matter - feeling somewhat sorry for him.
Merlin knows how many pranks they pulled on Cillian while growing up.

got damage control?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:17 am

Jared pouts. He knew Cedric said "Baby Brother" just to tease him.
It was kind of alright when Cedric said it, when he was younger he wished so badly they were brothers.
For some crazy reason though, he hated it when Cillian said it.
"So, Captain of the year. When's the next practise? You should bring Bella long, so she could see how much your team sucks...
I mean err... What you have to work with." Jared said, changing the subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:32 am

Isabella stood, watching them talk, getting lost in their little conversation. She put her hands into her over robe pockets, her eyes swiftly moving from Cedric and Jared. Her eyes lingered on Jared, watching his face as he spoke.
He then said her name and she snapped out of the hypnotic stare. "What? Quidditch practice?" she quickly responded, thinking back of what he was saying before hand.
She then smiled, remembering what he had said, somewhat surprised that she heard as she was lost, watching him. "The team has played good in the matches as far as I can see," she then smirked "And you've just joined up, right? And now the team 'sucks'?" her smile widened a little more "I'm kidding. I'm sure you're good at what you do, and I'm sure the team will be just fine. Though, I wouldn't mind watching - it should be amusing" she added, looking at both Cedric and Jared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am

”We’ll have our next practise Sunday morning. I wanted us to go Friday afternoon, but Ol… Wood had the field booked.” Cedric said and shrugged. “And you should come see us Isabella. Jared is lying though, our team is really good.”

got damage control?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am

”Yeah I just joined this year. I’ve played Quidditch forever though, my father expected me to make the house team, he was thrilled. Zillah used to play too. He was seeker.” Jared said smiling – happy that he was able to live up to his fathers expectations. “By the way Ced, I don’t mind having the Friday night off.”
Jared turned to Isabella again. “Do you play?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:13 am

"Do I play?" she raised her eyebrows "Oh no. No I really don't play - I haven't properly been on a broom in a long time." she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and placed her hand back into her pocket. "I'd rather watch to be honest. I love watching the games."
Her eyes looked over at Cedric then back at Jared "It should be good to watch the team in your games - seeing a new player. You're up against the Slytherin's this time, am I right?" she pressed her lips together. "Your father played? What position did he play?" she smiled "So it runs in your blood then? Did you always want to be Keeper?" she looked away for a quick moment - she was talking and asking too many questions. Her eyes turned back to his, she was blushing a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 am

Cedric smiled as Isabella asked all the questions, guessing that his two best friends would get along just fine.
He moved in the back of the room, sitting down in a chair, picking up a book from his bag, letting the two of them get to know eachother.

got damage control?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 am

"You haven't been on a broom in a long time?" Jared repeated her. "Wow, don't you miss it?" He asked, frowning.
He watched Cedric move to the back of the room, knowing exactly what he was doing; giving them some space. And quite frankly, he didn't mind.
"I love playing the games - and yeah, we do face Slytherine next match. Half the team is frightened to death. Slytherin tend to play both unfair and nasty. We'll beat them this year though." Jared looked over at Cedric, noticing that Cedric couldn't help but smile.
"Yes, Jackson played. He was a seeker for the Gryffindors, just like my brother Cillian. Jackson... I mean, dad, played professionally for the Tutshill Tornadoes. In fact, he almost beat the old world record for the fastest catching of the golden snitch, who was set by their teams previous seeker. He missed by a second though… So yeah, I guess it runs in my blood. I was aiming for Seeker too, seeing as both my father and brother had success… But the Huffies already had this guy so,” Jared pointed at Cedric “He’s doing an awesome job. Best seeker I’ve seen in ages.”
Jared smiled again.
“I’m filling your head with useless information aren’t I?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:49 pm

Isabella smiled as he repeated her "Not in a long time, no. And do I miss it?" she mused, her eyes looking at his shoulder "I'm not sure." Her eyes moved swiftly back to his. "It's been that long I'm not sure if I miss it. I just - prefer studying." She pressed her lips together, a smile still showed and dimples in her cheeks formed. Isabella waited for another reaction from him.
"Why don't you give them an nasty game too?" taking her hands out of her pockets; it was getting a little warm now. "I mean they wont expect it, but then again," her hand moved a piece of hair behind her ear "they'll get even more nasty... Which will lead them to get kicked off?" she smiled and shook her head, her eyes looking down. She looked at him through her eyelashes "I'm going to stop talking. I clearly have no idea what I'm on about, and," she paused, her head turned - she only just noticed Cedric wasn't standing there anymore. She looked behind, her hair fell off her shoulder as she saw Cedric was sitting down at the back of the room.
Isabella gave Cedric a smile and returned to Jared, staring at him, trying to remember what she was saying before hand. She was enjoying her chat with Jared she didn't notice anything - not even Cedric. "Um," she frowned, her eyes looking at Jared's as if she was trying to read his mind. "Where was I?" she asked - It wasn't everyday she forgot what she was saying, or anything for that matter.

Jared gave her a couple of brief words of what she was saying before she looked over at Cedric. Isabella lightly chuckled, out of nerves mostly. "Oh yes!" she could feel her cheeks redden, looking down she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Jackson," she said quietly to herself, remembering the name. She looked back up at him "An ex professional Quidditch player? Wow," she smiled, quite impressed.
"For the Tornadoes..." she was mostly repeating him so she would remember for future reference. "My father surports the Ballycastle Bat." She shrugged. "What was is the fastest catch for the Snitch?" she asked, carrying on about what he was talking about, interested in what he was saying, fully locked onto his.
Her hands slipped back into her pockets and she chuckled "Well, what about when Cedric leaves Hogwarts?" she looked over at Cedric and winked, returning back to Jared. "Though, only one year to be the teams Seeker..." she secretly bit her lip, her eyes wandering over him and at the walls. She was running out of things to say - she hated that.
Isabella thought of something, it was one thing, but it was better than saying nothing at all. "Do you want to become a professional Quidditch play? Or do you have something else in mind?" she felt all shy again, asking another question about him. She could never get bored - but would he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 am

<<I knew I didn’t follow you completely here, but I wrote the first part while looking at the first part you wrote, and I didn’t know how to work it all together.>>

Jared chuckled when Isabella suggested that the Hufflepuff team could play nasty too.
She seemed startled when she noticed Cedric had moved away, and lost tracks of what she was saying.
”You were saying about the Slytherin game, that we could play nasty as well, and that you wanted to stop talking.” Jared said to help her remember.
“I do think you know what you’re on about though, but I might add that I don’t think us Hufflepuffs can play nasty.” He said, and stroked his chin. “We don’t have it in us. The moment we’ve done something bad we would be worrying sick whether we hurt them or not… And making them play worse to get them kicked off… Wow.” Jared looked over at Cedric, and could see that he was giggling. They were thinking the exact same thing, but Jared knew that Isabella hadn’t meant for them to think that. He couldn’t help but saying it though.
”You want to get the entire Hufflepuff team killed?” Jared winked.

He let Isabella pick up whatever she was going to say, picking up that she felt nervous. Actually, he didn’t need to read her emotions to tell that, one could easily hear just by the way she chuckled – and her composure gave it away too. Jared felt sorry for her, and wondered what he had done to make her nervous.
”Jackson,” Isabella said, and looked up at him. Jared nodded as she repeated what he was saying.
“My father supports the Bellycastle Bat.” She added.
“Isn’t the Bellycastle Bat a pure Slytherin team? Or… they have had some players who attended Durmstang…” Jared said, and frowned. He looked up at Cedric who nodded, confirming his words. The two of them should know, almost having memorized ‘Quidditch Through the Ages’. Actually, Jared knew the Bellycastle Bats good through his father; he hated them. They played really nasty, and tried their best to hurt the opposite team while the referee wasn’t looking, usually got away with it too.
”Oh, and the world record… It’s 3,5 seconds. Jackson caught the snitch in 3,6 seconds.”

She said that Jared could become seeker when Cedric left Hogwarts. Jared looked at Cedric once again, both of them were smiling – they’ve talked about it before. He noticed how Isabella bit her lip – thinking that she looked great while doing so.
“Nah, I’m not as good at seeking as Cedric. I’ll stick to goal keeping.”
The two of them fell silent. He kept glancing over at Cedric; it didn’t look like he was reading at all.
”Do you want to become a professional Quidditch player, or do you have something else in mind?” Isabella asked. Again his eyes turned to Cedric, they’ve talked about this as well. Cedric was going to study to become a healer, and himself…
”I don’t know, I don’t think I’m good enough to play professionally, even if I wanted to. I’m going to study to become an auror, or a curse breaker. I’m quite adventurous, so…” Jared smiled. “What about you?”

Last edited by Jared Hale on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 am

Cedric listened to the two of them talk, coming to realise that he had nothing to worry about when it came to Isabella and Jared. At first, he had been protective of Isabella, telling Jared to back off – but Jared would do her good. He was a great guy.
He giggled when Jared and Isabella went on about the Hufflepuffs playing nasty against the Slytherins, and met Jared’s eyes – knowing they were thinking the same thing.
“You want to get the entire Hufflepuff team killed?” Jared asked – and Cedric smiled a cheeky smile, wondering what Isabella would reply to that.

He noticed that Isabella was nervous around Jared and wondered why. She was never nervous around him? When did she get nervous?
They were talking about Jackson and the Tutshill Tornadoes. He nodded to confirm what Jared said about the Bellycastle Bats. The fact that he asked was odd, thinking back to how many times they have read it in Quidditch Through the ages – not to mention Jackson giving them the inside scoop on all the teams.

Isabella said that Jared could become seeker when Cedric left Hogwarts. He had told him this too, but Jared would have none of it. Always claiming that Cedric was the better seeker, and that he was comfortable as goal keeper. Their eyes met again, the two of them having identical smiles, as Jared told Isabella exactly what he had been thinking.

<<This post sucks>>

got damage control?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 pm

“You want to get the entire Hufflepuff team killed?” he said and Isabella raised her eyebrows “No of course not. I just forgot about you Hufflepuff’s,” she smirked and continued “can‘t win against the Slytherin‘s. Like you said, you don‘t have it in you and you‘d worry sick…” she was provoking him, playfully and hoped he didn’t get the wrong end of the stick. “It‘s Quidditch after all. But like I said, I don‘t know what I‘m talking about and maybe I‘ve been watching the Bellycastle Bats too much with father.” she shrugged, still smirking and she turned to look at Cedric. “Unless I have a different mind set then you too.”
For some reason, her tone of voice sound odd to her, different to how she would usually speak to people. Maybe it was the subject of Quidditch or another side to her was speaking out as if playing a nasty game of Quidditch is what you should do. Isabella pushed it aside, trying not to think of it as it was nothing to worry about.
“Yes, Bellycastle is an all Slytherin team,” she paused thinking that what she wanted to say, she wouldn’t. But she moved on. “Hated by many teams, I‘m not surprised your father despises them? And their playing?” she dug her hands in her pockets. “My father was going to take me to watch them,” she pressed her lips together, she felt sad. She used to love going to watch the games with him, and just in general. “But he’s - working. Can‘t get time off, you know how it is with the Ministry” she forced a smile prior to rolling her eyes on the matter of the Ministry.
“3.5 seconds - not long is it?” forcing the smile again, not feeling that she wanted to laugh lightly or even at all. She looked at him wanting to say sorry and make up another lie why she felt like she did right now. However, she took a deep breath - it came natural to her to push away feelings and deal with them later.
“An Auror sounds more interesting than becoming a professional Quidditch player… No offence” she thought of his father, but the thought of own opinions came to mind. “And like you said, you‘re adventurous.“ she smiled and briefly looked down, liking the thought of it.
“Your father," she continued to stop her thoughts from running away with her. "I presume he isn‘t pressuring you to become a Seeker or a professional Quidditch player? I mean, your brother, Cillian? What does he do?”
She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear when he asked her what she would like to do. “A healer." she answered swiftly, "I‘ve had that in mind for some time and I‘m pretty sure I wont be changing the idea. It sounds fascinating to me, maybe a challenge and to help people too - I think I‘d like it” she shrugged and looked at him shyly.

<<The Cedric post does not suck>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:45 am

Jared and Cedric looked at each other when Isabella said that her father was supposed to take her to a Bellycastle Bats match. Again it seemed like they were thinking the same thing…
Jared read into Cedric’s eyes – that he knew something that Jared didn’t, and he could also pick up on Isabella feeling sad for some reason.
”We could always take you to a match, you know? I got season passes to the Tutshill Tornadoes matches, so we could take you to see them play the Bellycastle Bats?” Jared smiled kindly to Isabella – and Cedric nodded and winked to Jared behind her back.
“And no, 3,5 seconds – it’s like… I don’t know. Pure luck, I think. That the snitch is so close to the seeker that he can grab it right after the referee starts the game. Jackson really hated the fact that he was a second behind the world record. His captain, however, said that it didn’t matter. It’s the Tutshill Tornadoes that holds the record – so…”
Jared shrugged. His father was obsessed about Quidditch, for himself – it was all about fun.
He noticed how her smiled were forced, and that she was struggling with some feelings, possibly hiding them…
She didn’t know about her abilities, and that became hard for him. Usually he would be straight forward and ask her what he was doing wrong, or if he had said anything – but he didn’t want to mess this whole thing up.
”I agree though, I think being an auror or a curse breaker would be much more interesting than a quidditch career. Less stress, more danger, different kinds of travelling, more freedom…” Jared smiled and ran his fingers through his hair. “ Besides, Cillian offered me to come live with him in the Czech Republic, if I want to study there… He studying dark magical creatures. I’m not sure though. Eastern Europe never interested me that much. Despite the freaky muggle history there… But you’re right, Jackson is hoping that I’ll become a pro Quidditch player… Carry on his legacy and all that.”
Jared looked at Cedric once more… Cedric was almost like family, so – if one of them became a pro Quidditch player, Jackson would have to be happy, right? It was different for Jared and Cedric, even if they never told Jackson. It was all about having fun, they didn’t have to win – as long as they had a blast on the pitch.
His eyes returned to Isabella and he bit his lip.
”Healer?” He looked deeper into her eyes. “Hmm, yeah. I think you’d be a great healer… Besides, then I’d know who to turn to – if I got injured.”
“Hey!” Cedric said, and chuckled. Jared raised his eyebrows.
“What?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:46 am

He felt sorry for Isabella when she told that her father was supposed to take her to a Bellycastle Bats match, knowing that he was in Azkaban now – and wasn’t able to. Guessing that Isabella missed him more than she’d admit.
He and Jared looked at each other.
Better have Jared invite her, I know he is thinking the same thing I am… Cedric thought. Inviting Isabella to a match.
Jared said that the two of them could take her, though. That he didn’t account for. He thought Jared would want to take her on his own.
Cedric smiled when Jared went on about Cillian and the Czech Republic. Cillian kept inviting the two of them to come visit him. Cedric thought of Cillian as his older brother as well, the three of them had such a strong bond all together. Jackson practically thought of Cedric as his own, and Cedric knew that his dad thought of Jared as his own as well.
He knew that they would have to go see Cillian soon. Perhaps at easter – because Cillian was spending Christmas at home.
Cedric felt sorry about Jared when he told that he Jackson wanted him to carry on his legacy. The two of them never played to get to a professional level, it was pressure from their fathers more than anything. No, they played because it was fun… They had the same problem, struggling to live up to their fathers expectations…
He lost track of what they were saying for a little while, and then Jared said that Isabella would be a great healer (he already knew that) and that he’d go see her when she became one.
”Hey!” Cedric said and chuckled. Jared looked shocked.
”What?” He asked.
”You’re breaking a deal here. I’m going to become a dealer too, remember?”
“If Zillah don’t make you go to the Czech Republic to study the dark arts with me, that is.” Jared winked.
“Yeah, Zillah should keep dreaming, though Czech Republic would be fun, I can’t ever see myself study there…”
Besides, there is Oliver too… Cedric added mentally.

got damage control?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared Hale   

Back to top Go down

Jared Hale
Page 1 of 1