Harry Potter Role Playing

This is a RP'ing forum which takes palce during the third school year of Harry James Potter

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Two minutes past midnight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Two minutes past midnight   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:07 am

Isabella had stayed behind her previous class to speak to the professor, quickly going over the essay she had written the day before. She had actually gotten confused, and rather than struggling, as everyone thought she never made any mistakes in her classes, she shyly talked to the professor about it. Never the less, the professor was pleased she came to her - she too must have noticed the pressure she seemed to have from other students.

After the chat, Isabella walked out onto the corridor, trying to carefully put her essay into her bag. The corridor was somewhat quiet, and surprisingly, not many people were around. How long was I in there for? asking herself, panic written on her face.
Stuffing the parchment in her sling over bag, not caring it was tearing slightly as Isabella rushed to her next class - a couple of people chuckled at her. Books! Bloody books! Now people are watching, laughing at how bloody stupid you look! she scorned, her cheeks red and instead forced her essay back out from her bag - it tore in two, great! Yes, thank you for that!
Isabella sighed in annoyance and held the two pieces in her hand, her other holding the bag as she rushed quicker. Without messing with the parchment it was a lot quicker to walk in a rush. I can't believe this. How late am I? Urg, I should wear a watch! she was frowning now, running down the steps. I have a watch! Where the hell is my watch?! Isabella almost missed a step as she thought about her watch, and luckily she grabbed the banister, crumpling the parchment even more.
"I hate this day!" she whispered harshly, jumping off of the bottom step and running to her class which was just around this corner. She heard voices, chattering to one another - she frowned again and slowed her pace and turned around the corner.
Her class were standing outside the door, waiting to enter the room. Isabella looked confused, panting a little ... Was she rushing for no reason, finding out that she wasn't late, but people just weren't around that part of the building?
Isabella sighed and rested her back on the stone wall, keeping the gap between her and the rest of the class big as possible, but not too big for people to notice. Why would they notice? she thought, looking down at her torn essay, shaking her head.
The door opened and Isabella turned her head, watching people enter the class. She as the last to enter, and she quickly moved to her normal desk near the windows on the left. She took off her bag and placed it on her lap as she sat, easily putting the parchment away between the books, and dumping her bag onto the floor.
The professor spoke and the class went quiet, listening to him speak the introduction of the lesson today.

View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 am

Jared was running through the corridors heading for the Astronomy Tower – he was late. Sarah and the other fifth years had the rest of the day off, and while he was hanging out with them during the meal – he forgot the time.
When he got there – he notice that the class room was all full, except for one chair next to…
Jared swallowed hard, and tried to steady his breathing.
Ok, I’ll have to be a man about this… He thought, and walked into the room, apologizing to Professor Sinistra as he did so. The chair made more noise than he intended for it to do as he pulled it out, and sat down next to Isabella.
“Hi” He said, his lips curved up on one side, making half a smile. He took his books out of his bags, and sat back. They were having a pre-class on how to use the equipment properly, and what to look for – before heading out later that night, to go star watching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 am

As usually, the seat next to her was always free and honestly she liked it that way. Most of the people in her class were gossipers and she wasn't too keen of that crowd. She had her book laid out in front of her, peering down at the pages, her finger at the top ready to flip the page over as the Professor spoke. She wasn't too bad at multi-tasking; reading and listening at the same time - two lots of information being stored away.
The door opened, Another late comer, I wonder what their excuse would be this time? She rolled her eyes thinking back on previous excuse she had heard, how appalling they were. She was surprised at most times, Professor Sinistra had let them off.
Isabella's eyes flicked up at the professor quickly as she flicked over a page - her hand stopped, paused in the moment as the chair next to her moved, loudly scraping along the floor. She made a face at the noise, disturbing her thoughts, reading and listening. However, Professor Sinistra stopped talking as the chair loudly moved away from the desk. Isabella's cheeks heated a little - it might had bought attetion her way as well.
A voice sounded "Hi" he whispered, sitting down on the usually empty seat next to her. Isabella turned her head to look at the person, her heart raced at that very moment and the heat from her cheeks increased. "Hey" she fired back quickly in a whisper and returned to her book. Instead she closed the book and pushed it away, her eyes darted back to Sinistra, and her hands were clasped tightly under the table in her lap.
Probably the most attractive boy in her year was sitting next to her - he probably thought her of nothing, but only to help with school work, like the rest of them. It wasn't like any of them had any brains, they were just too lazy to use them - or even know how to. Of course, this was mostly going to the gossiping Hufflepuff and the occasional Ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 am

Jared noticed how Isabella was blushing as he picked up his books. He wondered why, but guessed it was because of him sitting next to her, she usually sat alone. Perhaps he didn’t want him there.
“Look, I’m sorry,” He whispered as he picked his books out from his bag, and found a piece of parchment to take notes on. “This was the only avaliable seat. I swear I’ll keep to my side.” Jared said, and moved as far to the edge of the table that it would let him.
He picked up a lot of different feelings, annoyance, anxiety, boredom… He tried not to let the feelings rub off on him, because he really liked Astronomy.
“In this class we’ll be learning what to look for before we head out tonight. We will be observing Orion. Can anyone tell me what stars Orion consists of? If you don’t know them all, just mention the ones you do know. What do we have to look for to find Orion?” Professor Sinistra asked, and Jared’s hand shot up in the air.
“Yes, Jared?” Sinistra said smiling – knowing from last semester that Jared was doing really good in this class.
“Orion is easily recognized by ‘Orion’s Belt’ – three stars in row, Alnitak, is the lowest one, then Alnilam in the middle and Mintaka on the top.” Jared paused to draw his breath before he continued.
“Meissa makes Orion’s head, Betelgeuese makes the right shoulder – and is a red star with a diameter larger than the orbit of Mars. Bellatrix makes Orions left shoulder, and then there is Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka that makes the belt – as I just said. Saiph makes Orion’s right knee – Rigel is at the constellations left knee, and is a large blue white star. Rigel is one of the brightest stars in the sky. It has three companions, invisible to the naked eye. Hatsya is the tip of Orions sword. Now – these are only the most famous stars of the Orion constellation, it consists of many more.” Jared said – and smiled. Professor Sinistra smiled too.
“That’s very good young man! 10 points to Hufflepuff.” Professor Sinistra pulled down a chart of Orion, showing each star, telling about everyone that Jared had mentioned – and pointing them out.
That part bored Jared. He already knew everything she had to say.

<<Does this impress Bella or what?>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 am

Isabella heard him speak, but didn’t look at him or nod or say anything back. It was like she was frozen to her seat - she wasn’t used to people sitting next to her and she knew the professor would want to put people in pair. Sinistra usually did it on the introduction classes before they would return back at midnight.
From the corner of her eye, she could see that Jared was sitting further away from her and she began to breath a little easier. However, her thoughts of him wouldn’t brush away and it kept her feeling anxious, and she was just waiting for that dreaded time when Sinistra would announce to work in pairs - by table.
Oh please, she thought putting her elbow on the table and her head resting in her hand, as the professor asked about Orions. It was an easy enough question, but she never held her hand up, but only if no-one else in the class had no idea of the answer.
When then, she saw that Jared’s hand shot up almost straight away. Her head turned in her hand, looking at him as he spoke, listening to every word he said. Isabella was totally impressed and her lips formed into a faint smile.
She sat further back into her chair, the smile still on her face; well, I was wrong about him - he really does know what he’s talking about here. She snapped out of her quick thought as Sinistra gave 10 points to Hufflepuff.
Isabella was watching Sinistra point out each of the star, but as she knew already so wasn’t listening, and instead her mind was on Jared. A part of her wished she wasn’t thinking about him, but she just couldn’t help it. She was a girl after all, and he was a very good looking, smart boy - what was she doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 am

Professor Sinistra was done telling about Orion, and when they would be meeting at the astronomy tower. She clapped her hands together, as to wake the class up – half of them didn’t seem interested at all.
“So, we will be doing this in pairs as always.” She looked over at Jared and Isabella, for some reason she seemed thrilled that they would be working together.
Jared bit his lip and looked at her, then looked over at his fellow Hufflepuffs who all were sniggering.
I should know by now that this is what I get for being late… Though it could be interesting working with Bella. Jared looked over at her, his lips pulled into half a smile, before he turned to Professor Sinistra again.
“Some research before tonight would be good, get a good look on the picture so you know what you will be looking for in the skies. I want you – as a pair, to write a paper on Orion, expecting at least a feet of parchment on this one, seeing as there are a lot of stars.”
There was a lot of groaning, but it didn’t seem to rob Professor Sinistra for motivation nor energy.
“I’ll see all of you at 11. Class dismissed.”

Jared started gathering his books, and looked over at Isabella while doing so.
“So, it seems like we have to do this together. Do you wanna go to the library and read up on the stars now? I’m pretty sure I know what we will be looking at tonight.”
His friends chuckled as they passed them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

When Professor Sinistra finished her speech about Orion, Isabella stretched her hands to her books across the table, and slowly pulled the small pile towards her, watching as she did so. She jumped when Sinistra clapped her hands together, making Isabella quickly pull her books to her. Briefly, she closed her eyes, hoping no-on noticed - hoping Jared didn’t notice most of all.
The professor then announced about working in pairs, and she opened her eyes again, looking at her. She looked relatively happy at her and Jared. Isabella gave a sheepish smile, wishing she could go invisible.
Her eyes turned to Jared and she returned a half, none convincing smile. If he wasn’t so attractive, she would find this all a little easier. But instead, she was a bag of nerves. She sighed to herself abut it, and looked beyond Jared, over at his Hufflepuff friends - they all seemed amused and Isabella turned back, feeling annoyed. Am I really that bad to be around, to cramp Jared’s style?
Isabella looked at her books, her thumb and fingers on both hands pinching the two bottom corners of her book. Through the thoughts of annoyance and nerves, Isabella was still taking in what Professor Sinistra was saying. A foot long of parchment on Orion isn’t so hard. She thought as some of the members of the class groaned. She’s right, the amount of stars there are, it should fly by.
Isabella was already reaching down for her book bag before Sinistra spoke for the last time; dismissing the class - her back to Jared as she did so. As she was putting her books in her bag, she heard Jared spoke. Thumbing with the strap and bag to face him, she dropped her bag on the floor and as quick as possible, she hopped from her chair to pick it up - flushing red with embarrassment. She was usually clumsy when she was anxious.
Her nerves kicked in even more and when she turned to Jared, looking at him as if she was scared, but quickly nodded. “Y-yeah, that’s fine. I don‘t mind” she said quickly, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, and looked at his friends who past, still amused. “Unless you have something else to do - like catching up with your friends.” feeling annoyed with them again, and at herself. What is their problem? she then thought instead, her jaw tightening as she was looking down at her bag, in her two hands, and one side of her hair hiding her face. Isabella then held the strap over her head and placed it on her shoulder, her hands clenched around the strap.
She looked at Jared. One part of her wanted him to stay and do the work in the library, but her nervous side wanted to hide away - she did that a lot, and she hated it, but it was hard not to. It was like a bad habit she couldn‘t break from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jared Hale

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 am

Jared picked up how nervous Isabella was – and felt sorry for her. He thought it was because she wasn’t used to working with others, and it made it hard for her to work with Jared. He used his abilities to try calm her – hoping it would work. Up until this point, he had only used it on Cedric and their crowd, his parents and Cillian. Oh, and professor when he was late. Most of the times it would work; unless what they felt was so strong that their feelings moved over to him. He hated his ability, and didn’t know how or why he got it. The only people who knew was Cedric and Cillian, and they had no idea either. Cillian suggested that he had inherited it from someone in their family – but neither one of them knew of anyone with abilities.
“Perhaps something went wrong during your birth and it messed up your head.” Cillian had said once – Jared settled with that explanation, even if it was meant as a joke.
He noticed how Isabella looked at his friends, and suddenly became very annoyed with them. The way the were chuckling because of his new partner in Astronomy.
She dropped her bag when she turned to him – and she was blushing. Jared was about to pick it up, but she beat him to it.
Bella is so cute… Jared thought and smiled.
“Yeah, that’s fine. I don’t mind.” Isabella answered so quickly that he had a hard time picking up the words. “Unless you have something else to do – like catching up with your friends.”
Jared chuckled.
”Not really. I’m all for library. I was going to drop by there anyway.”
Besides, they’re not real friends…Jared added mentally.
Isabella hid half her face behind her hair. Jared reached out and stroked it behind her ear, so he could see her face better. The corner of his lips pulled up on one side.
“Shall we get going then?” He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two minutes past midnight   

Back to top Go down

Two minutes past midnight
Page 1 of 1